Sunday, October 3

Old Mr. Webster's definition of "Fall" or "Autumn" is the season between summer and winter comprising the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, November or as the equinox to the December solstice.
I don't know about you, but none of that really seems to mean a whole lot.


Fall around here means that football.

People of all ages in big and small towns gather at the football field, all bundled up as the nights start to get colder cheering their team on.

Fall around here means farmers begin to harvest their crops from the fields.
I have to point out that photo above is the collection of beets from a field. Many hoppers on the state shop hop had never seen these types of crops before and were filled with questions. So, for those of you unfamiliar with sugar beets, their tops stay green much unlike the corn and beans that turn brownish when they dry out.
I also want to point out that with all of the rain we had received the truck in the pic above is actually being pulled thru the field with the tractor that has the tracks on it. I wish I would have stopped to have gotten the pic from the other side so you could have seen it better. . .

Fall means that hardy plants, like the mum Joe & Lace picked out for Darci's birthday continue to grow and bloom beautiful fall colors.

I couldn't help but share this one with the dog.

I laugh every time I look at it, it's amazing what happens between the push of the camera button to the time the photo is taken. Doesn't look like she's thrilled with what I'm doing or she's about to sneeze. . .

I have to point out before I show the rest of these how very excited I was to go about taking pictures around the yard as it is generally very beautiful with vibrant fall colors. I was very sad to learn that the birds beat me to the brilliant orange berries on one of the trees and that while all the people on the Meander have seen awesome fall colored trees the ones at home seem to be late turners. . .


Fall means that once green vines turn brown, and leaves on buildings shade fall colors too.



This was the good one. It's much prettier in person than in the photo.
Our evergreen by the bathrooms has the most wonderful vine hanging in the vast majority of the tree that is absolutely beautiful in reds, and orange tones.


Fall means that our rosebush finishes blooming
and the sun sets on a wonderful summer.


I hope that you all have had a chance to sneak out and check out the trees that mother nature has painted so pretty this year.





Until the leaves turn,


No comments:

Post a Comment