Tuesday, August 20

Good Evening!
Well I am going to try to be faithful to keep you all posted on what is happening here at Shades of the Past with designing and with the changes that are taking place in our lives!!  Lacey and I drove west yesterday morning to set up her new residence in South Dakota.  I have to admit I love the scenery that between home and Watertown!  Growing up on a dairy farm, the sight of cows always brings me back to those very fond memories of home on the farm.  It is such a part of who I am today and I just love seeing those cattle grazing in the hills in South Dakota.  This town is a much much better fit for her than the city of St Paul would have been.  I felt right at home walking around in the stores with guys and gals in their cowboy boots and blue jeans and knew Lacey would be okay in this town.  It just fits her!!  We worked getting her apartment set up until about 8 pm last night.  It was funny how the quilts made that apartment atmosphere very warm and inviting and when she gets things hung up on the walls it will become her home away from home quickly!!  She has her sewing machine set up and supplies in the closet and will be sewing before her Mom gets her sewing machine set up again.  She had orientation today and seemed very bubbly and positive about the class so I feel much much better tonight.  For many of you, you don't know my Joe, but he is helping me get packages ready for mailing and we are trying to get the answering machine set up.  Please bear with me as I am going to need a week or so to get into this new routine!!!  It will come, but it will take patience on my part and our customers part as well!!  I hope you stayed cool today and I will post again soon.  Blessings to each and everyone of you!!  Darci

No comments:

Post a Comment